From: Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) [mailto:rscano@iwa-italy.org]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 7:19 AM
To: Bob Regan; gez.lemon@gmail.com; Andrew Kirkpatrick;
w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Validity

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Bob Regan"<bregan@macromedia.com>
    Inviato: 04/11/05 15.59.51
    A: "Gez Lemon"<gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "Andrew
Kirkpatrick"<akirkpatrick@macromedia.com>, "WCAG WG mailing
list"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: Validity

    The specific reference here is related to use of <embed> with Flash.
    Recently, there has been activity around creating code that embeds
Flash
    content in a page that follows standards. From a validity
standpoint, it
    works great. However, there is a negative consequence here, this
valid
    markup renders the Flash content inaccessible using that screen
reader.
    After a few chats with the AT maker, it is clear that a simple fix
is
    not forthcoming.

Roberto:
that's all folks!
Here in Italy we said: "o Mangi la minestra o salti dalla finestra" (you
must eat the soup otherwise go through the window).
So you confirm that is an user agent issue, not a web content issue.
I hope the Vendor will find a solution before 2006.