RE: GL 2.5 L2 SC2

Thanks Loretta

Could you look at the SUFFICIENT parts again?

As I look at them they don't match the success criterion which is about "if
an error is detected...."
But the "sufficient" items all talk about preemptive prompting rather than
recovery techniques.

These are all good  -- but just phrased wrong.  I think it is fairly easy to
fix.

For convenience they are listed below.

Situation A: A mandatory field contains no information:

    * Identifying the field as mandatory.

Situation B: Information for a field is required to be in a specific data
format:

    * Providing examples of the data format, or
    * Describing the data format, or
    * Providing values in the data format that are "similar" to the user's
entry

Situation C: Information provided by the user is required to be one of a
limited set of values:

    * Providing the list of acceptable values and highlighting values (if
any) that are "similar" to the user's entry, or
    * Allowing the user to choose from a list of acceptable values, or
    * Describing the set of acceptable values, or
    * Describing the set of acceptable values and providing values from the
list that are "similar" to the user's entry.

[edit]
Technology-independent techniques for providing suggestions to the user

    * Providing information about the number of input errors, suggestions
for corrections for each item, and instructions on how to proceed
    * Providing suggestions for correction as the first item (or one of the
first items) of content, or emphasizing this information in the content.
    * Displaying errors and suggestions in the context of the original form.
(e.g., redisplaying a form where input errors and suggestions for correction
are highlighted and displayed in the context of the original form.)

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center