RE: Techniques for GL 4.2 L1 SC6

Yes and no

We have to remember that the whole purpose of 4.2 is to cover those
situations where the user agent is essentially shipped as part of the
content.    In those cases all of the User Agent access processes don't
work.  So we need to build something in here.

We also shouldn't confuse Interfaces that are part of content with
interfaces that are part of user agents.  They both have to follow the same
rules (hence the guidelines look like UAAG guidelines) but User Interfaces
in content are not user agents and have to be covered here.

As to specifics

How about a technique that says

Providing an event (that is exposed to AT through the standard AT API for
the technology being used) whenever a change to structure, selection, focus,
attributes, values, state, or relationships occur.

Then we need some examples like using Java Swing Classes.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center