'event' (was RE: Techniques for GL 4.2 L1 SC6)

At 18:55 26/10/2005, Stottlemyer, Diane L. wrote:

>proposed: providing an event in a form that AT expects for the
>platform
>   whenever a change of structure...
>
>For event, you may consider using the word process as an alternative.

No. "event" is a widely used and well-understood term: it is not only
used in JavaScript, but in a host of other languages such as Java,
Python, C++, C#, Flash, VoiceXML, etcetera. It is also used in UML
(Unified Modelling Language), a language for designing software
applications that is indpendent of any (object-oriented) programming
language. "process" means something completely different, in UML and
elsewhere.

Regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--