programmatically determined (was: WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 10.2 Action item)

Ben Caldwell wrote:

> I wonder if our current definition of "programmatically determined" is
> confusing things here.
>
> "programmatically determined" is currently defined as follows:
>
> programmatically determined means that the specific value can be
> determined in a standard, machine or software readable form.

I think, this shifts a lot of problems from the web content to the user
agent, where they might be solved better. Do the UAAG cover this?

> We've been using the term in discussions as though it means that
> assistive technology has access to the programmatically determined
> information, but that is not made explicit in the definition as written.

Has access? Could (theoretically) have access?

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)