Re: Meaning of 3.2 L3 SC2

Wendy Chisholm wrote:

> Are you concerned that we are not excluding changes in user agent when
> the user tabs through links?  For example, that user agent changes
> should *only* be caused by activating a link? Are you concerned that as
> long as some user action causes the change that content could conform to
> WCAG 2.0 even though the user action that causes the change is not
> accessible?

I had a look at the current WCAG 2.0 WD to see which success criteria
talk about changes of context:

3.2 L1 SC1 requires changes of context to be programmatically determinable,
3.2 L2 SC2 forbids changes of context with focus (and blur) events,
3.2 L2 SC3 forbids changes of context with change events,
3.2 L3 SC2 requires changes of context to be initiated by user action.

Then I did some research about methods to change context with means of
HTML and JavaScript, all of which are machine readable and so can be
programmatically determined (3.2 L1 SC1).

Then I created another table with a table cell for each type of user
action and each possible change of context (see attachment).

Am I right in thinking that all the table cells not filled with content
represent a permitted change of context according to WCAG 2.0 level 3?

What about processes starting after a time delay? The process of
starting a timer is initiated by the user (at least by activating a link
that leads to loading a new document).
--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)