From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Joe Clark
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 12:31 PM
To: WAI-GL
Subject: Re: Challenges on JavaScript Techniques

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

> I am willing to devote some time to creating good examples of accessible
> JavaScript... I am considered an JavaScript expert in web develoment
> circles.

Indeed, PPK is considered an expert. The WCAG Working Group has a
reprehensible recent history of simply ignoring outside expert advice.
("Semantics," people. "Semantics.") You don't have enough expert bodies to
work on JavaScript techniques; you've now been offered another expert
body. I fully expect the Working Group to either:

* ignore the offer
* deny that PPK is an expert
* dispute the definition of "expert" since it already has a sense in the
W3C lexicon

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Take PPK up on his offer.

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
       --This.