RE: Virus alert: "text message" is not from me

Hi Wendy and list,

It seems to be a variant of the Bagle-virus. This is a worm that opens a
port on the infected machine.

The infectee is most likely not Wendy but someone else on the list. This
virus spoofs the sender address (it uses an address from the address book or
stored e-mails on the system etc).

Since there are many variants of this virus, it's hard to give one method to
detect it. The best advise I can give to ALL the people on the list is to
update their virus scanner if they haven't done so and check their system.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl
WWW: http://www.heritas.nl