RE: [techs] Title attribute values for frame elements

Alistair Garrison and David Dorward had the following exchange:
>    Question: In HTML, would it be good if the value of a title
attribute
>    given to a frame element was the same as the value for the title
element
>    found on the page being loaded by that frame element.

No. When the document loaded in a frame changes, the title attribute
would (in many cases) no longer be accurate.
I agree with David's response. I think the title attribute on the
<frame> element should identify the purpose or function of the frame
(e.g., "navigation," "main content," etc.); the <title> element for the
document presented in the frame should be descriptive for that document,
as per our success criteria.

John

"Good design is accessible design."
John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Accessibility Institute
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712
ph 512-495-4288, f 512-495-4524
email jslatin@mail.utexas.edu
web http://www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility/

Of course... I was just on a call, so didn't think it through properly.

Thanks...