Re: test24 Text equivalents for APPLETs must be updated if APPLET changes

Chris Ridpath wrote:
  > Is there anything in the guidelines that requires applets and other
> programmatic objects to have a text equivalent? It doesn't seem to be
> covered by 4.2.

I think we should consider modifying our definition of non-text content
to include scripts and other programmatic objects as *functional*
non-text content.

That way, guideline 1.1, level 1, success criterion 1 would require a
text alternative that describes the purpose of function of programmatic
objects and guideline 4.2 would address the need to either make that
programmatic content directly accessible to provide an accessible
alternative.

-Ben

--
Ben Caldwell | <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu>