RE: Gudeline 2.5 Level 3 SC work item

Mke Barta wrote:
seems kindof at odds with itself by putting the quantity limit in
separate para, hows:

<proposed>
When user input is limited to a set of fewer than 75 known choices that
can be provided without risking security or purpose, choices can be
selected from a list. </proposed>

seems both shorter and eliminates the opt out that was there.  I don't
like that this forces UI choices, but that seems to be the goal here so
maybe some language allowing for lists, predictive completion, etc?

It *does* sem a little confusing at first, but there are actually two
different requirements here:
(1) If there are 75 or fewer options, then there *must* be a select list
of some sort and there *may* be a text-entry field as well;
(2) If there are more than 75 options, there *must* be *both* a
text-entry option *and* a select list of some sort.

(Hmm, how about *that* for wording...?)
Jason's comment earlier today suggests that we may be more HTML-specific
than we intend here-- he notes that XFORMS allows for different ways of
presenting the functionality.  So perhaps this is really a fallback
*technique* rather than a success criterion after all.

And Jason raises an entirely different (and much more serious) issue
when he challenges the separation of content guidelines from user agent
guidelines...

John