Re: WCAG 2.0 Test Suite

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gez Lemon" <gl@juicystudio.com>
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: WCAG 2.0 Test Suite

Hi Chris,

I think the test suite would be better if the DOCTYPE of the examples
HTML
4.01 Strict rather than a transitional DOCTYPE. I appreciate that a
transitional DOCTYPE is a legal DOCTYPE, but the spirit of a
transitional
DOCTYPE is to help developers make a transition from HTML 3.2 to either
HTML
4.01, or XHTML 1.0. Also, the examples I've looked at mix XHTML in an
HTML
transitional DOCTYPE.

Roberto Scano:
Fully agree with Gez. We need to refer to XHTML 1.0 Strict, instead of
the "old" HTML 4.01, otherwise how can we help te evolution of the www?