RE: Conformance Section wtih Edits incorporated

Yes
 That is what was intended by the proposal.  Most people can only access the
default version. They don't know how to invoke special style sheets or make
special settings.  Having a more accessible version that you have to have a
special setting to get at - would make it inaccessible to most people.

As we mentioned - there may be many other settings that would be less
accessible to some but more accessible to people with a particular type of
disability.   But the rating for the site or for the page or for the content
should be the rating for the content as it would be received by most people
when they come to the site.

Perhaps someday user agents will be trivial to set to 'accessibility' mode
-- or they could all have a big "access" icon on the default set of user
buttons that would turn on the 'negotiate for accessible content'.  I don't
think this will happen but there is always a chance.   If there was a
reasonable chance then perhaps we should find some language to allow this
type of behavior.....  But since it isn't part of UAAG 1.0.  and Since we
are using UAAG 1.0 as our 'baseline' assumption...   I guess we shouldn't
make such an assumption.

Hmmmmmm.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.