RE: Understandable content techneques

Lisa, thanks for these references.

If anyone on the list is aware of resources about writing understandable
content in languages other than English-- especially non-European
languages-- I would appreciate references, links, etc.  I'm thinking of
such things as:

in-house style guides;
manuals of style and usage;
industry and government "plain language" initiatives;
measures of readability for languages other than English
conventions regarding use of passive voice (in languages that have
passive voice)
Measures of sentence length
Controlled vocabularies

etc.