Re: Readability tests

Maurizio Boscarol wrote:

> The hypotesis is that this is due to different activity users make on a
> web page. Usually they don't read, they skim the page looking for
> something useful. This behavior is explained also in some recent
> "semantic" usability models on the web, like the Pirolli "information
> scent" and Blackmon, Polson and Kitajima "Cognitive walkthrough for the
> web".

It is a fascinating subject, and one where we've only really scratched the
surface in terms of understanding. I was interested in investigating
chunking techniques to automatically present information in blocks as an aid
for people with cognitive difficulties, but to do so effectively would
require the aid of a psychologist. It would also be interesting to know if
the difference in reading behaviour between online and offline material held
true for people with cognitive difficulties.

> I'd like very much to have such an easy tool to play with in italian
> language... ;-)

If you have rules in mind you would like to test, I would be happy to help
you develop a program.

Best regards,

Gez
Supplement your vitamins