Re: Until user agents... (WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 10.1)

Hi: I'm discussing with Roberto about this check point in webaccessibile
mailing list. :)
We need a clarifying.

> For eg: checkpoint 10.1 said:
>
> "Until user agents allow users to turn off spawned windows, do not cause
> pop-ups or other windows to appear and do not change the current window
> without informing the user. [Priority 2] "

The fact is: why are we using here "Until user agents"? Does it mean that if
user agents would allow user to turn off the popup, then the author can use
the popup? That is what I understand, but I think it's wrong. We should move
this check point from guideline 10, and reformulate it as "do not cause
pop-ups or other windows to appear and do not change the current window
without informing the user" and put it perhaps in guideline 13?

Or do I misunderstand the check point and the "until use agents" meaning? In
that case, I need a rationale... ;-)

Thanks,

Maurizio Boscarol