  From: Gregg Vanderheiden
  To: 'Sailesh Panchang' ; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
  Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 5:15 PM
  Subject: RE: Supporting Technology

  Right

     In conjunction with techniques we will be developing   "Technology Specific Checklists".    These checklists will be what people actually use in practice since they will say specifically what must be done with each technology to meet the WCAG.

  The checklists will be for technologies or sets of technologies that can meet all of the WCAG 2.0 guidelines.  They will have to allow a person to at least meet all of the level 1 success criteria.  ( or else they would have to start out with a statement that in order for content presented with this technology to meet WCAG 2.0 all content must also be presented in another technology in a form that did meet minimum WCAG 2.0 --- which of course is not very encouraging)

   So there would be no CSS checklist.  Only an HTML plus CSS checklist.  Or an XHTML plus CSS checklist.   Or XHTML + CSS + Scripting checklist.

  Gregg

  Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
  Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
  Director - Trace R & D Center