RE: Abbreviations and Acronyms: [techs] Latest HTML Techniques Draft

A practical note.  If we're all struggling so much to decide what is an
acronym vs. abbreviation (vs sigle, vs aposcope,...) what chance do we
have that people in general creating pages will manage to use a
consistent approach.  And how much will they care?

I'm for a single concept that indicates "this stands for a longer word
or phrase".  I'm happy to call that an abbreviation using the less
technical sense of that word.

RI

Richard Ishida
W3C