Re: Form and label element association

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sailesh Panchang" <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: "Chris Hofstader" <ChrisH@Freedomscientific.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: Form and label element association

While on this subject:
For making a form accessible to JAWS 5.0 users, an HTML tag that Freedom
Scientific supports is  ContextHelp. Here is an example... it is not  a
standard though.
<label for="pcp" >Name of PCP:</label>
<input type="text" id="pcp" tabindex="10" ContextHelp="Enter name of
primary care physician" />
When JAWS encounters this it says "Press Insert+F1 for help" and one can
hear the help text and then press Exc to excape... all this in forms
data entry mode. Must say it works well for me.

Roberto:
ContextHelp is a proprietary attribute... If a label is explicit to an
input field, eventually the problem is an user agent problem that is not
able to "read" it correctly. IMHO, we need to make guidelines based to
the web "standards" and not based to the web (commercial) applications