Re: Access keys

----- Original Message -----
From: "Loretta Guarino Reid" <lguarino@adobe.com>
To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>; <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 10:49 PM
Subject: Access keys

What are our recommended best practices for access keys? In particular,
when
access keys are defined in web content that conflict with keyboard
commands
used by the User Agent, which takes precedence? What do we recommend to
authors about the use of access keys?

Roberto:
There was a thread some weeks ago:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2003JulSep/0614.html

Personally I think that we must ask to the developers to create a page
with the definition of the accesskey used. The problem is that we cannot
say:
"use accesskey that are not in conflict with user agent" because as seen
here:
http://wats.ca/resources/accesskeys/19
only three charset are "free and available" without conflict.