Re: Link to list of browsers with <link>support

From a document published in May 1999 called "Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines"... <grin/>

13.1 Clearly identify the target of each link
and
11.3 Provide information so that users may receive documents according to
their preferences (e.g., language, content type, etc.)

the specific attribute in question is hreflang - describing the language to
which a link points (in case that can't be deduced by being the same as the
language of the document with the link in it).
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#adef-hreflang

This is already a technique listed in the Authoring techniques for XHTML
authoring - http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech/#ri20030218.131136136 - do we
have a way of including their techniques directly in our document?

Implementation is indeed weak, but as with identifying accesskeys it can be
done in CSS:

:link:before[hreflang] { content: attr(hreflang) }

or more specific rules to put a little flag (according to whatever flag you
think is appropriate for a language - see the long argument on IG about the
use of flags to identify languages...) for a specific language, etc.

Extending this with annotea to provide a note that there are translations of
a linked resource might be an interesting technique - whether for
accessiblity or i18n.

cheers

Chaals