Re: Automatic submission of forms and screen changes

Hello Kerstin,

I think that checkpoint 2.1 (All functionality is operable at a minimum
through a keyboard or a keyboard interface) [1] and its required success
criterion address part of this issue - "Ensure that menus and other
navigation controls can be operated." I'm not sure about the other piece,
"without causing form submission or screen changes."  I think it is implied
that if you design something to work with a keyboard or keyboard interface
it ought to work *well* but we might want to be more explicit. Perhaps a
second success criterion that says, "operating the functionality through a
keyboard or keyboard interface works in a way that is logical for the
keyboard user."  I'm not sure how to make this less subjective ("is logical
for the keyboard user" is not testable), but here's a starting point if we
think we want to go in this direction.

Are these [2] the NFB guidelines you are referring to?

Thoughts?
--wendy

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#keyboard-operation
[2] http://www.nfb.org/tech/webacc.htm