RE: Guidelines for describing pictures and video

Describing visual images:
Adam Alonzo, "A Picture Is Worth 300 Words: Writing Visual Descriptions
for an Art Museum Web Site," CSUN 2001, at
http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/2001/proceedings/0031alonzo.htm.  Very
useful, clear material; guidelines can be adapted to other kinds of
visual images.

Audio description:
Audio Description International, at http://www.adinternational.org.  The
Web site provides lots of good information and resources for audio
description/descriptive video, and an email list for people on it.

Joe Clark's book, Building Accessible Web Sites, has some good material
on audio description, as does Maximum Accessibility, which I co-authored
with Sharron Rush.

I'll find some more stuff, but these should get things started.

John

John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Technology & Learning
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712