Re: [#294] Row and column structure in tables

On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 10:57  AM, Michael Cooper wrote:
> In working on the table proposals, Chris and I weren't sure whether
> the row
> and column structural elements should be permitted or forbidden in
> layout
> tables. They clearly have a role in data tables, but it's less clear
> whether
> they have a role in layout tables or should be avoided.

I would tend to believe that there's no real value in prohibiting those
elements. If it encouraged some kind of heuristic, like "presence of
THEAD indicates a data table," that would be one thing, but I think
we're settling on summary="(foo)" as that heuristic, so we don't need
to require another.

-