criteria for core vs extended

Some people had asked what the criteria for putting things into CORE vs
EXTENDED were for the new organization.

The ACTUAL criteria is:
-   It goes in CORE if the working group decides it goes there.  All
else goes into Extended.

The following are guiding principles that the group is using in the
process.  But they are not the final determinants.

GP1 - the checkpoint doesn't prescribe the default presentation or
expression of the content.

GP2 - the checkpoint could be applied to all types of content and sites

	- (we don't want to have a required (core) checkpoint that
		can't be met by some types of sites or they will not be
		able to claim any conformance.)
	- (in some cases we put in exceptions so that the
		guideline (with the exception) could be met by all.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center