Re: PDF issues

Chris O'Kennon writes:

 >  Although this question doesn't apply directly to working on the guidelines,
 > I thought this would be the best group to brainstorm with, as I hope to
 > avoid the entire state of Virginia creating a system that doesn't work...

Unless you are planning to raise issues that specifically relate to
the guidelines or techniques document, this mailing list is not the
appropriate forum in which to do so.

The purpose of the list is to enable discussion among working group
members in relation to working group activities; more general
accessibility-related topics are best discussed in the WAI interest
group: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org is the relevant mailing list.

Nevertheless, it should be noted that the creation of techniques for
accessible PDF is an issue of interest to several members of this
group, and that a draft document has been prepared. Should you wish to
contribute to this work, I would suggest writing to Loretta or Katie,
who have been most active in this area.

However, it is not clear what the future of the draft is at this
time.  Wendy has recently brought the issue of working on non-W3C
technologies to the W3C team and there is ongoing discussion about WCAG WG
scope and charter.  Currently our charter says we will only address W3C
technologies and scripting languages:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/new-charter-2000.html#scope  however, our charter
expired in May and as we recharter we need to address our scope.