RE: 4.1 expert, general and non-reader

An EXAMPLE...

Original term: This Agreement and the benefits and advantages herein
contained are personal to the Member and shall not be sold, assigned or
transferred by the Member.

New term: Membership is not transferable.

done with ruby

<ruby>
<rb>This Agreement and the benefits and advantages herein contained are
personal to the Member and shall not be sold, assigned or transferred by the
Member.</rb>
  <rt class="http://ubaccess.com/simple">Membership is not transferable</rt>
</ruby>

the rt element can be rendered alongside, or instead of, the rb content.

In the new markup you could leave the sentence as is. So long as you have
meta data linked to a lexicon and are using the primary meaning of each
word.

A client side tool could then remove redundancy to simplify the wording. It
could potentially come out as:
"this contract and the good in it, is owned by you, and you can not sell it"

this took me too levels of changes. A treasures change, and then grammar
rules,  and then removing redundancy

It also assumes that the author took the trouble to link to a simplifying
lexicon such that specified the defined term member

now with the mark up added to the links
you could mark up the sentence

This Agreement <slice essential =0.1> and the benefits and advantages herein
and shall not be sold, assigned or transferred by the <slice lexicon =
"ubaccess.com/membership.rdf>Member</slice>
  to get to (potentially)....

"you can not sell this contract"

at the user end.

That is the general idea.