RE: 2.1 thoughts

Chaals wrote

> this starts to make sense, but I don't like it - it should be possible
in
> most cases to just use a mouse to drive everything, yet that doesn't
seem to
> be supported here.

Question,
How would you enter text with a mouse?
(Using an on screen keyboard doesn't count since that is a keyboard as
far as the application is concerned).

ALSO Chaals wrote

>   5.	All functionality operable via text input plus tab, up, down,
>   left, right, and enter.

>   (these are the text and command keys that can be ensured would be on
all
>   "keyboards"  (real or virtual).)
>
> No they are not. One of my two keyboards doesn't have this. And
speech-based
> systems don't have up, down, left, right as ways of relating things.
This is
> too specific to visual environments.

3 Questions
1- Which keys were missing.  The arrowkeys?

2 - What speech input system doesn't provide a way to operate keyboard
keys?  (One on a system without a keyboard?)

3 - How about
--- Text input plus  "step to next" (TAB) and "Activate". (ENTER).
The arrowkeys can be optional but all function needs to be operable with
text and the two functions.

Gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace,  Univ of Wis