RE: Design Principle

I suppose we should look at the whole doc and use persons or individuals
or people in some consistent fashion.

I think 'people' tends to read better.  But individuals or persons tends
to highlight individual needs rather than group needs.   Don't know
though.

I'll create an open issue that says

OPEN ISSUE
When we get near the end and the text is more stable we need to  look at
the whole doc and use persons or individuals or people in some
consistent fashion.
NOTE:  Does 'people' read better?   Do "Individuals" or "Persons"  tends
to highlight individual needs rather than group needs?   Which is more
important or more like what we are trying to do?    Is variation ok?
Better?  Dependent on sentence?

Thanks

Gregg

------------------------------------
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace,  Univ of Wis
gv@trace.wisc.edu

Behalf
> Of Charles McCathieNevile
> Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 2:07 AM
> To: Gregg Vanderheiden
> Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
> Subject: Re: Design Principle
>
> I hate the word persons - I prefer people. But that's trivial, and I
think
> the change reads nicely.
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals
>
> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>
>   I think this works very nicely.
>

>   Anyone not think we should make this edit?
>

>   Gregg
>

>   Design Principle
>
>   Current wording
>
>   The overall goal is to create Web content that is Perceivable,
Operable,

<http://trace.wisc.edu/>
>   FAX 608/262-8848
>   For a list of our listserves send "lists" to listproc@trace.wisc.edu
>   <mailto:listproc@trace.wisc.edu>
>

> --
> Charles McCathieNevile    http://www.w3.org/People/Charles  phone: +61
409 134
> 136
> W3C Web Accessibility Initiative     http://www.w3.org/WAI  fax: +33 4
92 38 78 22
> Location: 21 Mitchell street FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia
> (or W3C INRIA, Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis
Cedex, France)