From: owner-uaccess-l@trace.wisc.edu
[mailto:owner-uaccess-l@trace.wisc.edu] On Behalf Of Jacobs, Steve I
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 2:54 PM
To: uaccess-l@trace.wisc.edu
Subject: Simplified Text: Examples and Resources

Dear all,

In support of everyone having access to English simplification resources
and
examples... I offer the following.

The following examples and links are from Lesson 24 of my workshop
entitled,
"The Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design." For more information:
http://www.easi.cc/workshops/bbaitsyl.htm

------------
1. Controlled language in Industry and Government:
http://www.easi.cc/jacobs/lesson243_industry.htm

2. Tools to Simplify Text:
http://www.easi.cc/jacobs/lesson_245_tools.htm

3. Readability Measurement Tools:
http://www.easi.cc/jacobs/lesson244_readability.htm

4. Example of Simplification:
http://www.easi.cc/jacobs/simple_english.htm

5. Humor Regarding the Complexity of the English Language:
http://www.easi.cc/jacobs/humor.htm

Sincerely,

Steve

--------