Re: html code element and speech output

Another approach to using ACSS in tools would be to convert the document to
XHTML, and then to turn it into an intermediate XML through the use of local
javascript, and then to convert that to Speech Synthesis Markup Language
(SSML) through the use of XSLT, and find a tool that uses this new language
(being developed as part of the Voice Browser work at W3C.

As Joe pointed out, messing around a user's speech setup is a pretty bad idea
in general, so it makes sense to use careful styling based on well-described
types of objects rather than just assiging style to each element. This gives
the user the easiest path to override a style and provide their own. It would
also be helpful if, there were good editors for CSS available that handled
audio style sheets by example rather than by making the user learn the code
to write. (this applies to visual properties too...)

Chaals