Re: User and user needs conflict- BIG ISSUES REMAINING TO BE DISCUSSED

Lets take a table layout, not good for some who have old screen readers,
that just read strait across the page or have  linearization problems.

To achieve the same effect in CSS implies that in reality many browsers will
not implement the layout as intended, and that is a real life problem for
designers with a professional image to keep up.

To have a more linerized page layout is a problem for people with low motor
skills for whom scrolling down is hard.

 In each of these implentaions some users will be left with a
implementations level which is doable but difficult.

Some things just contradict -  keep the bandwidth low, but illustrate.
So as I said basic accessibility works on one page. But I want ALL my users
to surf and not crawl.

In terms of how I do this personally, I have a link to more accessible
renderings. If the user selects it, I can set an option to default to this
rendering on any GF site.

Lisa