media mix and universal connectedness

What kept us together included TV, but would not have worked if it had not
been
more than just TV.  Some of the history behind this statement is recounted in
the Grid Protocol Architecture discussion list archives

lessons from adversity: the blind grapevine survives
<http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/gpa-wg/msg00046.html>http://www
-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/gpa-wg/msg00046.html

TV went out in places.  The phones went out in places.  What kept us together
was a connected graph of surviving communication services, with people
connecting between the media channels.
Responding to the crisis took the combined application of internet, broadcast
radio and TV, telephone, HAM radio and I know not what else.

Can we agree on the following?

We are all in this together.  We can only all be connected if we use both
words
and pictures to connect.  Leave out either, and you have left out someone.

Is that the gist from the perspetive of the business of this group?

Al