Re: Cognition Simulation

Marja,

         There is not doubt of the importance of text to those who can
understand it, and no doubt of the worthlessness of text to those who
cannot for whatever reason.

         But, there is also no doubt of the importance of illustrations
either in the absence of text or in the absence of comprehension ....

         But I like how Chaals has taken your comments and made a new
version of the graphic that doesn't include the international symbols....
See what you think of his new one (link in Chaals' post) !  It uses a
business graphic as the illustration, plus he put the good and bad symbols
over them to show which is which....  also, he reduced the size of the
graphics so you can see them as a whole on smaller screens ... (and since
it's in SVG it should be stretchable)

         Just as it has taken us years to articulate and craft the text of
guidelines and checkpoints, so it will take some time, tries, errors,
before the bingos .... to craft our illustrations.

         According to Chaals, the way I hooked up his graphic means you can
see the new version in the "simulation" without my doing anything <grin>
.... hey Chaals, this IS neat!

         The "plenty of interpretations" is why I used a multiple choice
question, that you see before you view the illustrations, if you follow the
steps of the simulation. I'm trying to simulate the incoming knowledge of
the cognitively/learning disabled person, but perhaps did it badly. This
simulation may not be a  "easy" to design as I thought .... <grin> ....

                                         Anne