Re: Cognition Simulation

Jonathan,

         Don't let your knowledge of Greek get away from you over life.
Keep it as a hobby. I once knew Latin, but can't do more than a Dominus
Vobiscum anymore.

         Next Tuesday will be first day of school, and we are likely to
have some children who arrive for Kindergarten without English. Last year
one brave young Mexican child who found his first hour incomprehensible,
began to cry loudly for his Mama. A staff member cradled and rocked him
until lunch time. By the time he went back to Mexico for winter, he was a
happy, curious learner!  It is not only the cognitively disabled who end up
in comprehensible situations!

                                                 Anne

At 06:06 PM 8/26/01 +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>liked that, rather too verbose.
>did you hear the story about the trainee teacher giving a microclass to her
>fellow students, and trying to show them the problems ldd students faced?
>
>she wrote "put the pencil in the glass" in Greek letters on the blackboard,
>and let them spend the class as they liked with 10 minutes at the end for
>questions.
>
>ps:    I studied Greek, not many have.
>
>jonathan chetwynd
>IT teacher (LDD)