RE: Disability Type Analysis of WCAG 1.0

Chas,

         How about stopping with the motives. We are all here for the same
reasons as you. You questioned mine, but when I tried to move the
discussion offlist, you told me never to write to you again. What is it
with you judging everyone's motives?

         Yes, it Version 2.0 is long overdue, but that is no reason to rush
into something that clearly isn't ready.

         You seem intent on a romantic vision of "scientists" and their
role in life. In the real world "scientists" don't swoop down in a red cape
to experiment out all problems. Many are solved long before "science" gets
around to it.

         On possibility that could arise from the discussion of more
checkpoints for the blind than for other disabilities is that some of those
checkpoints could be effectively combined as techniques under a more global
checkpoint. Another outcome could be more attention to the needs of other
disability groups and make sure their needs and preferences are as well
supported as others ... Other outcomes that I can't imagine are just as
likely to come, and be even more impressive.

         "Stop with the negative waves, already" <quoting Donald Sutherland
in Kelly's Heroes> ....

                                         Anne

                                                 Anne

At 12:47 PM 8/25/01 -0700, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>Since we're getting motives out in the open, let's get them all out. I've
>explained mine; how about if you explain yours? It would go a long way
>towards assuaging my "fears."
>
>Chas. Munat

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com