RE: Modularization

At 3:16 PM -0700 2001/8/20, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>Damn! Considering how much time I spend with modularized XHTML, why didn't I
>think of this?
>This is an ideal refinement. Modularized accessibility.

Meaning what, though?  What constitutes a module and how are they
used?  In XHTML, modules are primarily intended as a way of being able
to swap in and swap out various bits and pieces, and generally build
your own language within the "XHTML family."

What would be the purpose of accessibility "modules"?  Along what lines
would they be split?  How and when would different "modules" be used?

How would it be any different from "sections" as we have them now?

See, I don't think this is necessarily a terrible idea, but it needs
some expansion and we don't simply solve all our problems by throwing
the m12n buzzword at them.  Modules are broken out in XHTML for very
specific purposes -- so they can be used or removed or replaced
easily -- not simply as a synonym for "section".

Before I buy into this modularized accessibility idea, I need to know
more about what's involved and what you do with it.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison