RE: A PROPOSAL TO SPLIT THE WCAG IN THREE. Please read this. I'm serious.

Chas,

         The idea of re-organizing the guidelines is a good one if it helps
you to better understand the relationships among them. If it works for you
it may benefit others ...  I look forward to reading rewrites and
re-organizations ... One such last week (I think by Jo Miller, apologies
for my aging memory) helped me see the connections between 1.5 and 4.4 and
possible conflict with 3.4 (if 3.4 ends up clearly stating to include
illustrations) ...

         Something may come out of the idea of separating content and code.
When someone is building a web site they are going to collect the content,
decide how to structure and present it, then worry about coding it.  There
may be completely different people doing the coding from those doing the
content, but they may be the same person in the case of a small
owner-authored site. Perhaps considering content as a whole instead of
fragmenting it will help us re-balance the needs for all modalities.

                                                                 Anne

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com

http://www.erols.com/stevepem