Re: 9 August 2001 WCAG WG telecon minutes

Anne,

I raised this issue on the phone meeting yesterday, and it was
explained to me that I was reading the sentence wrong; "appropriate"
was meant to be paired with "possible." The verb "is" was then
inserted into the language to make it clearer: "Write as simply...as
is appropriate for the site's content." The sentence as it is now
worded is grammatical and its meaning seems clear. (I think it's just
that those of us in the working group, who have read the sentence
four thousand times, are likely to overlook the presence of the new
"is".)

[insert joke about "that depends on the meaning of the word 'is'" here]

jo

--
Jo Miller
jo@bendingline.com