Re: examples of a variety of sites that include illustrations of concepts (i.e., examples of 3.4)

Here's another example: http://usability.gov/guidelines/
The front page isn't illustrated, but the second-tier pages are. By
using a "show and tell" approach, the authors are able to get their
points across while keeping their explanatory text brief.

(These pages are in the process of being re-coded and should be fully
accessible within a few weeks, I believe.)

Jo

--
Jo Miller
jo@bendingline.com