Re: Combining 1.1 and 3.4

I know that there are details to work out, but one of the strengths that I
can see to this approach is that it eliminates the whole "text is supreme"
versus "images" problem. If we follow this approach, then there is no
rivalry (except perhaps at the implementation and priority-setting level).
We would simply be saying that people need to be aware that there is more
than one mode of communication with technology and that we should try to be
inclusive in our message design. Isn't that our central message?

Paul Bohman
Technology Coordinator
WebAIM: Web Accessibility in Mind (www.webaim.org)
Center for Persons with Disabilities (www.cpd.usu.edu)