Re: Proposal: checkpoint 3.4

Hi Joe,

         It's taken two years of discussion to bring the good folks here,
some from where you are now, to the point where we are approaching consensus.

         Just spent some time on your website, looking at your work. I am
puzzled by your adherence to a "textist" view of the web, when your work is
with making graphics and multi-media available to more people. Why do you
object to saying that graphics and multimedia are necessary? It could
provide more work for you to do .... (tho indeed, some of the work may go
to those who _can_ be taken out in public <grin> ---read the story of your
snafu with the station).

         There is a lot of work ahead developing the techniques that need
to be used to maximize graphics and multi-media. You seem like you could
contribute from your work background.

                                                 Anne

PS: I noticed that you, or whoever wrote the long descriptions for the bike
pictures is no better than I am at ferreting out the details. If a long
description is no more than a sentence, why not just put it in the alt text
.... How old are those boys in the pictures anyway?

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com

http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.geocities.com/apembert45