Re: "Auditory" descriptions

This is partially a discussion on glossary, and to that extent belongs on the
wai-xtech@w3.org mailing list - for more information about that list please
consult the archive http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech

In part it seems to be turning into an exercise in rather puerile
name-calling, which really doesn't have a place on W3C lists.

cheers

Charles McCN

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Joe Clark wrote:

  >Without "taking sides" on the "auditory" vs "audio" debate, I think it
  >would be good to get some other feedback on this issue than simply one
  >source.

  Nice one, Kynn. Geoff Freed was the other source.
  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0477>

  How many more sources do you need before you'll take my word for it?

  >If there are two audiences here -- people with accessibility familiarity
  >and people without -- it's important to look at not only whether one
  >side would see it as "just wrong" but also -how- wrong that would be.

  People without access familiarity have to become familiar with access
  to work in the field. "Audio description" is merely one of the many
  terms they need to pick up.

  >Those are my thoughts and a sample hypothetical scenario.  I think
  >this is a case where we could use some more information on whether
  >or not this issue is as important as Mr. Clark states.

  Ooh. Another nice one.

  I see Kynn believes we need multiple bulletproof verifications of
  anything I say simply because it's coming from me.

  By the way, did anyone even hint this was a high-priority item? Not
  everything discussed on this list is.