Re:demo

Jonathon,

	Saw this site for the first time about two weeks ago, and see interesting
applications for a tutoring or very small group instruction. I have
recommended the site to our speech therapist since she often works with
very small groups or one-on-one teaching the skills that are included on
the site.

	Yes, it is a shame it's proprietary and needs a subscription to really use
it, but it a good beginning for online instructional content. I did get a
chuckle reading some of the sentences for the vowel sounds: "Roy likes the
royal family." --- I'm not sure children in rural Virginia would understand
who the "royal family" is and why someone would find it worth saying that
they "like" them <grin>!

	Jonathon, if you haven't checked on Mrs. P's Links recently, you may want
to check out some of our new links. ( http://www.geocities.com/apembert45 )
I'm adding new links every week, often faster than I can find and hook up
graphics to each of them ... One site your folks may enjoy is called "Wacky
Web Tales" where the user fills in words (based on parts of speech but your
folks could type in any word at all), and they are inserted in a story to
making an interesting and often funny, resulting tale that can be read on
screen or printed. Our kids, those who know enough words to do it, love it!

						Anne

					Anne

At 05:04 PM 3/17/01 -0000, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>   http://www.elr.com.au/ What a great site. A pity its proprietary, and
>the coding is so  heavy.   The idea that someone else might contribute
>resources, seems remote.   I'll be mentioning to colleagues. thanks.
>jonathan chetwynd
>IT teacher (LD)
>j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
>http://www.signbrowser.org.uk