Re: Proposal for Guideline 2 as well as a proposal to trim WCAG 2.0 to 3 guidelines (won't william be glad?)

At 03:44 PM 1/3/01 -0500, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>Please complete the following questionnaire:
>Question 1: Does this proposal oversimplify the guidelines, creating
>something that is too general to understand?
>yes __
>no __

NO!

>Question 2: should we proceed with a trimmed down structure similar to the
>one proposed in this e-mail in the next draft?
>yes __
>no __

YES

>reason:

The guidelines are easier to understand in the total in this version than
in any previous version. If the guidelines are easier to understand, they
will be easier to implement and implementation is the ultimate goal of the
guidelines.

Wendy, I congratulate you on this effort! I've tried frequently to find a
simpler organization in the guidelines, to aide my own understand, but,
although I could sense it was there, I couldn't find it. You have
delineated it very well.

					Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1