Re: WHat makes Icons accessible or not?

Charles,

	Looks like the development of icons is coming along nicely.

     Of the choices of three, I generally like the first icon of each
choice. On the first one, I like the illustration of the piece of page for
mark-up since the other two show a variation  of a quill pen.

	For the next set, I like the icon of the movie projector better than the
icon for the snippet of film. The third icon is small and I'm not sure what
it is.

     For the third set, I like the first icon that shows the files leading
to the page. It seems to suggest management better than the other two. I'm
a bit unsure what a content management tool is/does ... it may be done
automatically in Front Page so I'm not aware of it.

   For the fourth set, again I like the first icon which shows a piece of a
structure tree which to me indicates programming better than the pen or the
computer.

			Hope this is helpful,

                    Anne

At 04:36 AM 5/1/01 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>currently in the Authoring Tool group we are working on adding some basic
>icons to our techniques docuement, to identify which techniques are relevant
>for what kind of tools.
>
>There is a bit of a discussion on icons - at the moent we have had three sets
>of icons offered. So I wonder if people candraw any ideas that explain which
>ones are good, and why / why not.
>
>For convenience I have put the stuff into a web page:
>http://www.w3.org/2001/04/atag-icon-check - that includes the three sets of
>icons mixed up in a fragment of what we use it for, so they can be seen in
>context. I have to apologies for the fact that although longdesc links are
>defined they currently lead to empty resources. I hope I will fix that today,
>but I hoped I would publish this page last week so I am not too optimistic
>about it happening immediately.
>
>cheers
>
>chaals
>

>--
>Charles McCathieNevile    http://www.w3.org/People/Charles  phone: +61 409
134 136
>W3C Web Accessibility Initiative     http://www.w3.org/WAI    fax: +1 617
258 5999
>Location: 21 Mitchell street FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia
>(or W3C INRIA, Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex,
France)

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com

http://www.erols.com/stevepem