De: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@w3.org]
Enviado el: viernes, 13 de abril de 2001 16:24
Para: Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo
CC: Anne Pemberton; Wendy A Chisholm; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Asunto: RE: 12 April 2001 WCAG WG Minutes

I guess you mean on the head :)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo wrote:

  It is necessary to edit general principles on the illustrations. For
  example, if icons are used, these they will be:

  - Homogeneous along the page or the site, as for their style.

Yes, this is important, and is part of "predictable interaction" - what is
called consistent navigation in WCAG 1.0.

  - The color in them will be sufficiently readable (it contrasts, etc.)

In particular, use a small number of colours, that contrast well. Perhaps
using different colours for the foreground of different icons is a good
idea,
too.

  - It will be kept in mind the size.

Yes, size is important. It would be nice to use scalable icons - I discussed
techniques for doing that a while ago in relation to having text in them
that could be styled:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2001JanMar/0125

  Also, it is important that if the guidelines are illustrated, serve as
  example of "good practice".

And it is important that the guidelines are an example of good practice as
much as possible.

  Regards,
  Emmanuelle

cheers