Re: Meeting agenda

Marti,
     The purpose of the guidelines is to make the web USABLE by ALL people
with disabilities, not to insure that one or another group can "make" web
pages. Just as a person who doesn't write well needs to solicite a partner
to make a web page, so, a person who doesn't illustrate well needs to
solicite a partner to make a web page.  Continuing to give one group of
disabled persons priority over the rest is the problem in the guidelines
that needs addressing.

     I will again remind that the site for the AFB is well illustrated, and
the CAST site (made by two blind guys) is illustrated ... It's very doable.

     Again, we need to state very simply, clearly, forcefully, and at the
highest priority level -- to ILLUSTRATE the text..... Illustrations are the
"alt tags" for disabled and other users.

                            Anne

---
Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com