Re: what type of document do we want?

At Charles request I have hung the Whitehouse page on my site along with
current graphics. Inserted in the text are text descriptions of the
pictures that should go there. I do not have any extra pictures, just
descriptions of what the pictures should be to make this page usable if the
text were "greeked out" ...

					Anne

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/WD-ATAG10-TECHS-20010319/
>as an example of how these <em>might<em> be split).
>
>cheers
>
>chaals
>

>On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, William Loughborough wrote:
>
>  At 06:09 PM 4/2/01 -0400, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>  >... I wouldn't want to say how many graphics per page indicate it's
>  >properly "illustrated", but will we have to?
>
>  As the guidelines document itself becomes more self-reflexive in this
>  regard we can talk more honorably about this matter. As a group we should
>  take it upon ourselves to provide illustrations that illustrate the
>  importance of illustration.
>
>  I have tried, however naively to make a start in this direction
>  [http://pair.com/xguide.htm] as has Wendy in her "icon" accompanying
>  checkpoint 3.4 [http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#supplement-text].
>
>  I think it should become a regular topic on the list - suggested
>  illustrations and discussions thereof. The time is past when we can
>  straight-facedly claim that they are either impossible or unimportant.
>
>  I hope I am not alone in this stand?
>
>  --
>  Love.
>                   ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE
>

>--
>Charles McCathieNevile    http://www.w3.org/People/Charles  phone: +61 409
134 136
>W3C Web Accessibility Initiative     http://www.w3.org/WAI    fax: +1 617
258 5999
>Location: 21 Mitchell street FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia
>(or W3C INRIA, Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex,
France)

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com

http://www.erols.com/stevepem