Re: Printing using CSS

There are several browsers around that support print CSS (using an @media
rule to define a print style sheet). I am not sure of which they are, but I
belive that IE5, Opera 4, and Amaya 2.5 are in the list.

cheers

Charles McCN

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Sean Mauney wrote:

  > I have spent a lot of time making our web accessible site using CSS. I
  > found out late in the game that the pages do not print properly except in
  > NS4.6 on a MAC. All other browsers/OS'es really jumble the pages when sent
  > to the printer. Is there a fix for this? Has anyone else ever asked the
  > same question?

  Sean,

  Thank you for making your site accessible! The problem you cite is
  a browser issue (how they print) and a CSS support issue. The only
  information I know of provided by this Working Group about user
  agent support for style sheets is in the "User Agent Support
  for Accessibility" page [1]. In that page, there are some links
  to resources where you may find more information about support
  for style sheets.

  Hope this helps,

   - Ian

  [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/Resources/WAI-UA-Support

  Tel:                         +1 831 429-8586
  Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783